Where to learn more, aquaria and aquarium filtration
Aquarium related Web sites.Fishweb keeps an impressive listing of online aquaria related resources.
Lots of people have been asking for reviews of aquaria filters mentioning the brand names and model numbers.
Check out Todd Zebert's Reef Traders Outpost
Mark Rosenstien maintains the excellent F.I.N.S aquarium Web site which includes several archive sections on aquaium filters.
Jeff Phohl keeps a collection of mostly saltwater aquarium information on his home page.
The Krib aqarium archive, maintained by Erik Olson, is the home of the current aquaria FAQ, plus much more.
The author Albert Thiel keeps a large library of aquaria information online, including the full text to a couple of his reefkeeping books.
The *.aquarium newsgroup old filtration FAQ is kept on the F.I.N.S. archive.
If you haven't yet checked out the Yahoo index of pet fish sites, you should.
Aquaria related homepages, etc..
- The Cichlid Research Home page.
- Pam Chin, an expert on Cichlids, active in the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association and the Compuserve Fishnet, has the EMail address email@example.com
- Jim Ellenberger, editor of the Cichlid Blues, newsletter of the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association has the EMail address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Block's German language freshwater aquaria page
- Gary Deutschmann's article about building and operating denitrators. And, his comments and instructions regarding the use of under gravel filters.
- Philip Steinman's fish journal of keeping and breeding electric yellow Labs. As the FTP at netcom doesn't work very often, so I grabbed a copy and put it on my server.
- Claude Bilbo's 29 gal tank.An archive of aquatic info.
- Kevin Slandry's wet page with an emphasis towards online aquaria related shopping.
- Mike Reed's Some info, mostly selling aquaria related videos, etc..
- James Lee's The Aquatic Realm
- An article about Malawi cichilds.
- The Aquatic Reef Aquarist society.
- The Virtual Ocean.
- The Aqua_DB. Include archives of the *.aquaria newsgroup.
- Joseph Sellinger's page.
The Fishroomtelnet to:
to access the "fishroom" site.
EMail access to the Manufacturers.Tim Hovanec, director of aquatic research, Marineland.
Makers of the Magnum series of cannister filters, and more, can be reached at: email@example.com.
Jim Layton, head chemist at Aquarium Pharmacuticals can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leo Morin of Seachem, manufactures of aquarium products is active on Compuserve Petpro & Fishnet forums email@example.com
Albert Thiel, author and owner of Thiel Aquatech is at firstname.lastname@example.org and at ???@compuserve.com
Captured newsgroup threads.
- A discussion of the performance of Marineland Emperor filter.
- Brand name comments on the Algal scrubbers.
- The Krib/Scrubber.
- Air pumps & blowers.
- Info about cannister filters.
- Filter media.
- Power filters.
- Sponge filters.
- Aquaclear 300.
- Protein skimmers.
- Trickle (wet/dry) filters.
- Water pumps.
- Power heads.
Do it yourself articles.
- Algae scrubbers
- Protein skimmers.
- Trickle filters
- Trickle filter media